Date: July 19, 2023, to July 24, 2023
Venue: Rectorate of the University of Belgrade and Russian Center of Science and Culture, Belgrade, Serbia
Organisers: Center of Russian Geographical Society in Serbia, University of Belgrade, Geographical Faculty of Lomonosov Moscow State University, Geographical Institute „Jovan Cvijić” SASA, The World Association of Soil and Water Conservation (WASWAC), International Commission of Continental Erosion(ICCE)
With great pleasure we inform you that in the organization of the Center of the Russian Geographical Society in Serbia, the University of Belgrade, the Faculty of Geography of the Moscow State University "M.V. Lomonosov" (Moscow, Russia) and the Geographical Institute "Jovan Cvijić" SASA in the period from July 19 until July 24, the international conference "International Conference on Transboundary Erosion and Watershed Pollution" was successfully held.
The conference gathered over 30 participants, some of whom are leading international experts in the field of river erosion, sediment transport, water quality and sediments. During the first two working days of the Conference, research papers and projects dealing with transboundary water and sediment pollution (session 1), water and erosion problems in the Balkan region (session 2), as well as current challenges facing Lake Baikal, the transboundary area of the World Heritage (session 3) were presented. The participants had a very useful discussion on the current state of research in this area, as well as an principle agreement on future joint research directions. As one of the results of the Conference, it was agreed to prepare a special issue in the journal "Geography, Environment, Sustainability" dedicated to the theme of this Conference.
On the third and fourth day of the conference, an excursion was organized to get to know Serbia, its natural and cultural-historical values, during which conference participants from abroad visited the historical-memorial complex, i.e. the Endowment of King Peter I in Oplenac near Topola, the Natural History Center in Svilajnac , Kopaonik National Park, Jošanička Banja and Studenica Monastery.
• Miroljub Milinchich (Prof.) Russian geographical Society, Serbian branch; Faculty of Geography, Belgrade University
• Miodrag D. Zlatic (Prof. D. Sc.) Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade University, Serbia
• Ratko Ristic (Prof.) Vice Rector for International Cooperation Belgrade University, Serbia
• Velimir Secerov (Prof.) dean Faculty of Geography, Belgrade University, Serbia
• Milan Radovanović (Prof. Dr.) Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, director Geographical Institute "Jovan Cvijić"
• Marko Urošev (Dr.) Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Geographical Institute "Jovan Cvijić", Serbia
• Kasimov Nikolay (Prof. Dr.), Faculty of Geography, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia.
• Chalov Sergey (Prof. Dr.), Faculty of Geography, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia.
• Garmaev Endon (Prof. Dr.), Baikal Institute of Nature Management, Ulan Ude, Russia.
• Jarsjø Jerker (Prof. Dr.), Department of Physical Geography and Quaternary Geology, Stockholm University, Sweden
• Karthe Daniel (Dr.), United Nations University, Germany.
• Nittrouer Jeff (Prof. Dr.), Texas Technical University, Houston, TX, USA
• Tian Y. Dong, Ph.D. (Dr.) School of Earth, Environment, and Marine Sciences University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, TX, USA
• Brandon McElroy (Prof. Dr.), University of Wyoming, USA
Conference web page: https://sediment.ru/basenet2023